Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year!

I've decided I'm going to start back up at this blogging thing as a way for me to motivate myself to get into shape.



I know I'm not fat. By most standards, I'm of a relatively athletic build.


I'm at 155 lbs. 5'6". The BMI calculator puts me just at the level of Normal bordering on Obese. Now, this doesn't account for muscle mass and bone density, which I have aplenty. But I see a bum that could use shaping, as well as arms and thighs that could be toned better.


Still, it would be nice to have a more fit body.

My official goal weight is 145 - losing ten pounds. I don't have a set date that I'd like to weigh this much - definitely by the summer. If I can give up the ridiculous amount of sugar and carbs that I regularly inhale, I might even make 140. That's a bit of a stretch, but we'll see how the weight loss goes.

Fitness goals for the year:
-participate in featured GaiamTV guides (meaning yoga every day for the most part)
-do at least two sprint triathlons (joining the Tucson Tri Girls too!!!)
-run 10k in under an hour
-do the Cotton Classic and Three Bears TT series, as well as the Lemmon TT
-race at least two road races
-race at least two criteriums
-run or bike at least three times a week (commuting would count)
-ride to Ski Valley at least once and Summerhaven at least twice

I plan on revisiting my goals once a month and sharing my fitness experience at least once a week. Race reports will also be found here.

Tomorrow, I need to get my freezing butt out of bed and do a ride in 26 degree temps. I can't say I'm psyched, but it's the first time I'll have been out on a road bike since before my wedding! Two months!!!

Time to give my darling a tuneup, and then find all my winter clothes...



-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment